Social Media Marketing Intern (Unpaid / School Credit)
Kabata is building the next generation in strength training, starting with the world's first AI-powered dumbbells.
The company is backed by world-class VCs & angels, including:
- Menlo Ventures
- Tribe Capital
- Naval Ravikant (AngelList founder)
- Zaza Pachulia & Kirk Lacob (Golden State Warriors front office)
- Dan Gilbert (owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Andy Dunn (Bonobos founder)
- Nakisa Bidarian (manages Jake Paul; ex-UFC CFO)
- Bradley Chubb (2x Pro Bowl NFL linebacker), and more.
Where the first generation of connected fitness has created products that are bulky, expensive, and lack personalization, Kabata solves those pain points.
Delivered in a compact, cost-effective offering, Kabata tracks & comprehends all your workout data (reps, time under tension, velocity, volume, power, fatigue), sends those metrics back to you in gamified, real-time charts, and runs AI on that data to coach & progress you.
This uniquely data-driven approach allows us to curate effective, personalized workouts tailored to you & your body. Additionally, Kabata AI employs form correction & strain analysis in addition to velocity-based training, scientifically proven to help you become stronger & more explosive while also reducing the risk of injury.
The team comes from leading organizations including: Apple, iRobot, Whoop, Peloton, Nike, Felicis, Meta, Tonal, Postmates, Amazon, UCLA & Stanford & is actively looking for its next rockstar. Welcome to the next generation in strength training - powered by AI!
Kabata is looking for a dynamic Social Media Intern to drive social media efforts across TikTok, Twitter / X, YouTube Shorts and Facebook, while also assisting our team with Instagram as needed. A proven track record of increasing awareness, followers, views and engagement is necessary for this role. You will report directly to the Director of Growth Marketing and CEO.
The duration of the internship would be through the end of the quarter or semester, with the option to extend through the next quarter or semester as well, if mutually desired. This would be an unpaid internship position for school credit.
What you'll do
- Interact and engage with the platforms' communities and feeds to drive awareness
- Create and post captivating content in the form of videos, tweets, photos, creative and messaging
- Think outside of the box to come up with creative ideas
- Notify team of trends and execute on them
- Respond to audience comments and questions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Director of Growth Marketing and CEO
- Track KPIs of daily and weekly social activity
- Increase follower & engagement metrics across platforms
- Working towards your Bachelor’s Degree, preferably.
- Living in the Los Angeles area, preferably.
- MUST be able to obtain school credit for the internship.
- 3+ years of proven experience building engaging social media accounts.
- Strong social media presence in your personal account(s).
- Deep understanding for what drives engagement, virality and clicks - and ability to create content that executes on those areas.
- Expertise in video creation and editing, graphic design, messaging, blogs, captions, tweets, UGC and stories.
- Familiarity with social media metrics and analytics.
- Skilled in thinking outside of the box to drive effective & unique creatives.
- Intellectual curiosity & horsepower.
- Natural excitement for consumer tech, fitness and AI.
Learning outcomes and perks!
- Understanding of social media marketing in a DTC business context
- Experience in a high-growth, VC-backed tech startup
- Ability to own channels and metrics while driving growth
- In-person meetups with the Founders and Director of Growth Marketing if you’re in LA!
This is a critical role. If you’re energized by the combination of fitness and AI, the opportunity to make the world stronger, healthier & happier, and the impact you can make in the early days of a startup going after a massive opportunity, we’d love to talk to you!
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
"You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them."
- Michael Jordan