Posted on Friday, November 18, 2022
Wanna join the adventure?
Loft Orbital's mission is to make space simple for organizations and Loft Orbital IT’s mission is to make work simple for employees. Therefore we are looking for an experienced IT professional to join us in our Toulouse office. Working with the international IT team, you will be involved in activities across all our offices, however you will be the person on the ground for any Toulouse based support issues.
The IT Administrator will focus most of their time on end user support and onboarding as well as working on other IT projects to build Loft Orbital. We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and intrinsically knows how good IT enables a business. The ideal applicant will be someone with strong user support skills who is looking to level up their career.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About the Role:
- Your time will be split into four main areas. These include Operational Support, Infrastructure and Application Administration, Documentation, and Long Term Projects.
- Assist colleagues with computer questions, hardware upgrades, application permissions issues, etc.
- Escalate internal support tickets to software vendors when additional support is needed
- Support electrical lab operations in configuration of devices running on our electronic lab benches
- Support IT team during investigatory and regulatory audits
- Work with our People Team to facilitate employee onboarding in our three offices (San Francisco CA, Golden CO, and Toulouse France)
- Provision Mac and Windows laptops for new employees via Meraki Systems Manager
- Create and manage permissions for end user SaaS accounts
- Provide assistance and perform break/fix work for AV conference rooms
- Serve as administrator of SaaS accounts (Okta, Google Workspace, Slack Grid, etc.)
- Document new projects as well as existing systems
- With direction from IT leadership, maintain and update IT’s internal doc repos for IT how-to’s, IT policy, etc.
- Support InfoSec hardening projects
- Partnering with the People Team to support greater automation of employee onboarding
- Continue scaling our VMWare ESXi environment
- Partner with our lab management team to assist with set-up and configuration of new equipment
Operational support (60%) - The IT program at Loft is designed to empower and support our users to do their best work. To this end, we would expect you to:
Infrastructure and application administration (25%) - To keep Loft running smooth, it will be important that you are able to keep teams functional. This will include:
Documentation (5%) - At Loft, documentation is as important as completing the task! We are looking for someone with strong written English language skills to:
Long term projects (10%) - Loft Orbital is expanding, and building IT systems to support this growth is very important to our success. Long term projects will include:
- 3+ years of proven commercial IT experience following industry best practices
- Experience with internal corporate networking - including DNS, VPN, VLANing best practices
- Experience with SSO technologies and integrations
Nice to Haves:
- Experience using / supporting Linux as a desktop operating system
- Deep knowledge of Atlassian products
- Working knowledge of industry security practices
- Experience working with GCP in a DevOps/SRE type role
- Kubernetes or Docker experience
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?