Test Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2022
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft Orbital is looking for a Test Infrastructure Engineer to be part of the team building and maintaining all of Loft’s test benches internationally, across our San Francisco, CA, Golden, CO and Toulouse, France sites.
This role is pivotal to our success as it is responsible for supporting with the build of our test infrastructure and the tools for automating both our hardware and software testing. Sitting between the spacecraft and all the other teams, this person will have a big impact helping make sure that every element of our satellites, be it hardware or software work, without any bugs.
On a day to day basis, this person will be hands-on with the flight hardware, building the spacecraft in a server rack and running code on it, developing APIs, as well as managing the team’s work load. 🛰️
Ideally this person would be based in San Francisco but we would be open to them being located in Golden or Toulouse.
🛰️ 🛰️ 🛰️
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Deploy and manage the virtual and physical test assets
- Maintain Loft automated test tools (CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab), processes, and physical assets (hardware-in-the-loop test benches)
- Working with multiple internal stakeholders to gather requirements
- Develop and implement improvements to test infrastructure
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively communicate issues and solutions
- Familiarity with Linux system management
- Competency with one or more scripting languages
- Hands-on experience involving embedded hardware, such Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, microcontrollers, or similar.
- Scrappy and inventive: you will be working with cutting edge technologies and proprietary tools
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with one or more continuous integration tools
- Understanding of how to create, configure, and manage Docker containers
- Ability to set up automated hardware in the loop (HIL) test benches
- Recent Python experience
- Recent experience setting up Gitlab CI/CD pipelines
- Aptitude for gathering requirements from multiple stakeholders and implementing test infrastructure improvements
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?