Software Integration Engineer - Security Clearance Eligible
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2022
Wanna Join the Adventure?
As a Software Integration Engineer, you will work at the intersection of the Ground and Flight Software teams. You will also collaborate with the Satellite Operations team and AIT team to facilitate troubleshooting of satellite issues.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- You will be the technical lead of their area on a federal program
- Proficiency in setting up a hardware in the loop (HIL) test bench
- Experience with Hardware and Embedded Software
- Previous experience as Software Engineer or Test Engineer
- Ability to derive test definitions from high-level requirements
- Gitlab pipelines
- Automated testing, CI/CD
- US Citizenship required
- Required: active DoD Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance. Active Top Secret clearance with experience in (last 2 years) or active Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) strongly desired.
- Preferred: Current in-scope DoD SECRET background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining, or Continuous Evaluation (CE) status, with willingness and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Preferred: DoD or Intelligence Community Top Secret background investigation with at least 3 years of eligibility remaining or CE status; and SCI eligibility with current experience in SCI programs, other control systems, and/or Special Access Programs
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively communicate issues and solutions
- Experience with Python and Git
- Participate in the definition and implementation of the scripts that are used to check out new features during development as well as during satellite assembly, commissioning, and on-orbit operations
- Help maintain and improve our automated test tools (CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab), processes, and physical assets (hardware-in-the-loop test benches)
- Interact with the Productand Mission-teams to discuss new features, improvements, and general requirements
- Help troubleshoot integration issues found during development as well as satellite assembly, commissioning, and operations
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure successful mission execution
Nice to Haves:
- Scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before
- Openess to being challenged and working outside of your comfort zone
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects
Some of Our Awesome Benefits!
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?