Software Development Engineer - Mission Integration Tools
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Hello Software Developer 👋
At Loft Orbital, we have just successfully launched our first two satellites that we fly and operate ourselves. With 2 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly as a global company, with offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
We are now actively looking for Software Development Engineer to join our Mission Integration Tools team and help us build the technology to drive success of our future missions. 🛰️ 🛰️ 🛰️
We are looking for this Software Development Engineer to work in our Toulouse, France office.
Wanna join the adventure?
As a Software Development Engineer, you will primarily help design, develop and deploy our Satellite Simulator product and any associated tools, to help scale as a company. We are looking for engineers with a product mindset, who have a good grasp on software engineering principles. Additionally, we are looking for
- Ability to work independently with some guidance. People owning their work is important to us!
- Able to wear multiple hats as needs arise. We are a small company disrupting an entire industry!
- Not afraid to get out of comfort zone to explore and learn. Technologies are evolving at rapid rates, and we must stay relevant!
Our culture at Loft Orbital promotes collaboration and ownership to our developers, fostering efforts hand to hand with other teams, internally and externally.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Design, develop, implement and deploy features on our Satellite Simulator product
- Break down large tasks into incremental one that deliver value quickly
- Working with multiple internal stakeholders to gather requirements
- Tracking technical debt and working on ways to pay it off
- 2-3 years of experience developing software in a product development setting
- Development experience in Python
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Understanding of how to create, configure, and manage containers, preferably Docker
Nice to Haves:
- Experience developing web server frontend or backend
- Experience with setting up cloud infrastructure and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?