RF Lab Technician
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Join our team at Loft Orbital and become an RF Lab Technician, responsible for managing our Toulouse lab and maintaining RF test benches. We're looking for a can-do individual who is excited about contributing to the development and testing of the next generation RF solutions that will power our future satellites and missions.
In this role, you will be responsible for interpreting electrical and wiring drawings, managing the calibration of instruments, and configuring and using RF electronics and laboratory test equipment. You will also be responsible for repairing and tuning RF front ends, repair/debug electronic boards, creating simple harnesses, and managing the inventory of components, electronic consumables, and lab furniture.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Setting up, configuring, and using RF electronics and laboratory test equipment following test procedures
- Interpreting electrical and wiring drawings and plans
- Repairing and tuning RF front ends (including welding components)
- Realization of simple harnesses and welding either in-house or through the management of external suppliers
- Managing the calibration of instruments
- Managing the inventory of components, electronic consumables, and lab furniture
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of 3D CAD drawing, also 3D printer
Some of Our Awesome Benifits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?