System Security Engineer
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
As a Security focused engineer, you will be responsible for keeping our infrastructure safe. You can see Loft as a public cloud provider for space. As such, we require the same security level and expertise.
In this role, you will interact with the whole engineering team and beyond. Infrastructure people are first citizen support. Our clients are internal, and they’re super nice! We’re a young company, meaning the ecosystem is growing fast, and there is a lot to do. You will work from design to implementation, no silo!
We’re automatizing everything! Including our sat ops. It means we don’t require a dedicated ops team. It also means when we actually need hands on deck (satellite launches), you can be part of that team. And that’s fully optional, you can also watch peacefully from the audience!
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About this role:
- Secure CICD environments and pipelines
- Help improve our application stack security
- Support teams in fixing raised issues
- Document and design security processes
- Help educating on security best practices
- Comfortable with container ecosystem with security first
- Comfortable with at least one modern programming language
- Understand zero-trust environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Eager to support and help developers in their daily work
- Able to work in a multicultural environment
- Software defined network
- GitLab CI/CD
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.