Inventory & Logistics Lead
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft is looking for an Inventory & Logistics Lead to join our team and help us develop and implement scalable inventory management and control processes. In this exciting role, you'll be responsible for establishing barcode and labeling requirements for inventory items and locations, streamlining data entry, and reducing errors. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams to resolve any issues encountered throughout inventory and logistics processes, ensuring inventory accuracy and material traceability. With a brand new facility space set to launch in Q1 of 2024, this is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact and play a key role in Loft's projected growth.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of inventory transactions (i.e., receiving, stocking, kitting, issuing and shipping parts)
- Conduct regular cycle counts of inventory and reconcile discrepancies
- Manage vendor-supplied documentation for received items (e.g., CoCs, RMAs, EIDPs)
- Work with carriers and logistics agencies to ensure shipments are sent with appropriate priority, clear customs (as necessary) and reach intended destinations on-time
- Organize inventory and receiving spaces to optimize workflow
- 6+ years’ experience in inventory, receiving and/or logistics operations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience
- Prior experience working within ERP systems and with packaging/transport/handling of electronics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail, communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities and meet multiple deadlines (i.e., time-management)
- Able to hand lift/carry ~50 lbs, and operate pallet jack pushing heavier loads
- May require sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time, bending and/or reaching frequently.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous direct leadership experience
- APICS/ASCM certifications (e.g., CPIM, CLTD)
- Familiarity with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and DOT (Dept. of Transportation) requirements
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings & BOMs
- Forklift certification
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?