Production Planning Lead
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft is in need of a Production Planning Lead to lead the development of production scheduling and material resource planning processes from the ground up. As our Production Planning Lead, you'll be pivotal in scaling production activities to meet emerging and contractual demands. In a first-of-its-kind role at Loft, you will serve as the nexus between functional departments, with a lot of influence. You'll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to establish and implement processes that align with Loft's unique requirements.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Schedule and release material requests to inventory stores for all materials, including shop floor consumables.
- Synthesize inputs from Programs, Supply Chain, Engineering and Operations teams to create a Master Production Schedule.
- Coordinate and prioritize workload across multiple programs and products as work orders flow through the production and test process
- Plan, execute, and maintain demand integrity for material components and subassemblies in ERP to drive procurement and production schedules to meet commitments.
- Establish and maintain MRP system settings and data attributes for stock items to include account assignment(s), replenishment strategies, and alignment with engineering BOM data
- Identify issues that may arise with production and/or supply chain schedules, BOM accuracy, or work center capacities and drive issues to resolution.
- Develop and provide reports and metrics to give insight into production bottlenecks, inventory availability, schedule risks and material forecasts.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a Business, Supply Chain or Engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Expert user of MS Excel and/or MS Project for data collection and analysis to assist in forecasting of inventory, production and/or schedule requirements.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Inventory Management theory and practices.
- Previous experience with Planning/Scheduling, Inventory Management and Production Order functions of MRP/ERP systems
- Ability to consider financial impacts when defining forecasts and inventory plans
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
Nice to Haves:
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Position-relevant certifications (e.g., APICS [CPIM, CSCP], PMI
- SQL programming experience
- Previous experience within aerospace manufacturing
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.