Quality Engineering Lead
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft is looking for a Quality Engineering Lead to custom-tailor a QMS system and processes that align with industry standards (ISO-9001, AS9100) for our small satellite start-up. As our Quality Engineering Lead, you'll be responsible for managing and modernizing the product non-conformance process, ensuring product conformity and compliance with requirements. You'll also develop metrics and reporting processes to evaluate and monitor the health of our production and supply chain processes. This is a unique opportunity to apply your expertise in quality engineering and make a meaningful impact in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Join us at Loft and help us revolutionize the way we approach quality management in the satellite industry.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- The Quality Engineer will work across functional organizations (i.e., Engineering, Procurement, AI&T) to develop Quality-focused processes and tools, gather and report data, and enact corrective/preventative action plans.
- Development and maintenance of receiving inspection plans and the nonconformance reporting system.
- Generation of metrics/reports to identify issues and/or trends
- Manage and deploy corrective and preventative action plans (CAPAs)
- Review procedures and/or work instructions to ensure we meet contractual and/or internal functional/process requirements.
- Define and implement supplier quality management program (e.g., surveys, metrics, corrective action requests) and refine our approved supplier list.
- Create/Manage training plans/requirements (re: quality processes)
- BS in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial) or related fields.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to interpret & work from engineering drawings & 3D models.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or quality within aerospace/aviation industry.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with various mechanical and electrical inspection, measurement, and test equipment (e.g., gauges, meters, calipers, circuit testers)
- Previous experience as technician and/or quality inspector
- Experience with flight hardware in a manufacturing/test environment.
- Familiarity with AS9100, ISO 9000, ISO 9001 and/or ISO 9004 standards for QMS
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?