Embedded Software Test Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft Orbital is hiring an Embedded Software Test Engineer to join our embedded systems team. You will collaborate with the Loft development team to test and verify internally developed products, ensuring successful delivery of flight products to missions. Your focus will be on software and firmware test development and automation for avionics and power distribution systems. As the Embedded Software Test Engineer, you will own the test procedures, execute product testing using Loft's in-house software tools, and support the scaling up of test infrastructure.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Work with the Loft development team to test, validate and verify internally developed products, and ensure successful delivery of final flight products to missions
- Software and firmware test development and automation at unit and sub-system level for flight systems (avionics and power distribution)
- Ownership of the test procedures and execution of product testing using Loft’s in-house software tools
- Execute roadmaps of next generation products and provide testing flows, including activities to prepare for full level product development
- Support scaling up test infrastructure towards productization
- 5+ years in software/firmware testing and SW/HW integration, a plus if in aerospace
- Bachelor’s Degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Proficiency in Python and C
- Experience with data acquisition and instrumentation, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, SIL and HIL
- Testing and troubleshooting experience with digital, analog and high-speed interfaces, including various communication protocols (CAN, ETH, SpaceWire, etc.)
- Have experience creating detailed Test Procedures for development and flight software
- Entrepreneurial, need to be able to find and manage own work
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for birthing parents and 10 weeks for non-birthing parents
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?