Senior Harness Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Wanna join the adventure?
As the Harness Design Lead, you will play a critical role in the development and implementation of wire harness designs for aerospace vehicle systems. You will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to ensure that our harnessing solutions meet the highest aerospace industry standards. This role requires a deep understanding of aerospace guidelines, the ability to tailor these standards to our specific needs, and the expertise to create detailed 3D CAD designs and 2D drawings. Additionally, you will support design reviews and provide immediate test support during R&D.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About the role:
- Aerospace Harness Design: Develop and implement wire harness designs for aerospace vehicle systems in accordance with aerospace industry guidelines and standards.
- Standardization: Tailor aerospace harnessing standards and guidelines to create internal design standards and requirements for cable assemblies, shielding, integration, and vehicle-level implementation.
- CAD Design: Create detailed 3D CAD designs and 2D drawings of wire harnesses to be used by production and manufacturing teams.
- Design Reviews: Support design reviews by presenting harnessing design solutions and demonstrating that harnessing design and manufacturing processes are qualified for flight.
- R&D Support: Design lab test harnesses and develop harness concepts for test support during research and development phases.
- Production and Test: Create robust solutions for high rate test and production interconnect to support repetitive use at different work centers throughout the manufacturing flow of sub-systems and system integration and test.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in harness design for aerospace systems.
- Proficiency in aerospace industry guidelines and standards for wire harness design, including IPC/WHMA-A-620D-S.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD software (e.g., CATIA, SolidWorks, Enterprise, Zuken) and 2D drawing tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and lead harness design efforts.
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.