IT Infrastructure Manager
IT, Other Engineering
Golden, CO, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Wanna Join the Adventure?
Loft Orbital is currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Manager to oversee the management and support of our IT infrastructure. In this role, you will play a crucial part in the planning, coordination, execution, and support of IT infrastructure across our organization. As a key member of our growing team, we are looking for a self-starter who can bring their expertise, solution-oriented thinking, and dedication to providing exceptional service. Your responsibilities will include managing the delivery of applications, systems, projects, and day-to-day operations of our IT infrastructure.
*Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized people tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Loft, we value respectful debate and people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t ‘check all the boxes.
About This Role:
- Provide support and expertise to enable highly efficient processes for infrastructure deployments and support which are necessary to support the operation of applications, services, and hardware components in full adherence with all business, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Engage in end user support, both in person and in our ticketing system (Jira Service Desk)
- Deploy and manage IT hardware assets including laptops, peripherals, servers, etc.
- Manage networks, servers, and core authentication infrastructure (Okta, Meraki Networks, VMware ESXi)
- Share management of core IT platforms (Google Workspace, Dropbox, GitLab, etc.)
- Help manage conference room and onsite technology (Google Meet conference rooms, access control, printers, etc.)
- Develop and improve the Infrastructure Service in the areas of monitoring, provisioning, and requests processes
- Assist with security incidents, investigations, resolutions, and reporting
- Drive resolution of high severity outages impacting IT infrastructure
- Contribute to the development of the IT vision; translate the vision into short-/long- term goals and deliverables that support the operations of IT infrastructure
- Manage the engagement, delivery, and oversight of activities related to Infrastructure services provided by external vendors and service providers
- Partner with the business areas to identify system requirements and translate business requirements into functional service projects, enhancements, and support
- Conduct design review of systems and applications to ensure adherence with identified stability, performance, and security standards. education, experience & skills requirements
- 5+ years of experience in IT services, providing direct technical support.
- Proven experience with managing and utilizing virtualized and cloud infrastructure.
- Proven experience with Hosted, SaaS, and On-Prem Business applications.
- Successful experience managing the following infrastructure: Meraki networking, VMware ESXi, Okta.
- Experience with infrastructure as code methodologies, Terraform.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, data privacy practices and laws including ITAR, NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53.
- Must have a strong understanding of IT Support as part of a business function (SLA’s, ITIL practices, etc.)
- Possess solid project management skills, are able to set and manage expectations extremely well, work effectively with others, and are exceedingly productive on your own while producing quality results.
- Must be able to handle changing and competing priorities where the path forward is not always clear at the outset and use good judgment in stressful situations.
- Must communicate exceptionally well, both in writing and verbally, including success communicating ideas in both technical and user-friendly language and technical writing skills.
- Results-oriented team player who leads by example and takes full ownership of work.
- A passion for business transformation, the ability to lead change in an inclusive manner and the desire to bring the best combination of skills together in a team.
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance option for employees and dependents
- Flexible Spending (FSA) and Health Savings (HSA) Accounts offered with an employer contribution to the HSA
- 100% employer paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term, and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off policy for vacation and sick leave, and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan and equity options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- International exposure to our team in France
- Fully paid parental leave; 14 weeks for primary caregiver and 10 weeks for secondary caregiver
- Carrot Fertility provides comprehensive, inclusive fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits with financial support
- Off-sites and many social events and celebrations
- Relocation assistance when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.