Software Integration Engineer
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2021
Wanna Join the Adventure?
As a Software Integration Engineer, you will work at the intersection of the Ground and Flight Software teams. You will also collaborate with the Satellite Operations team and AIT team to facilitate troubleshooting of satellite issues.
About This Role:
- Participate in the definition and implementation of the scripts that are used to check out new features during development as well as during satellite assembly, commissioning, and on-orbit operations
- Help maintain and improve our automated test tools (CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab), processes, and physical assets (hardware-in-the-loop test benches)
- Interact with the Product and Mission teams to discuss new features, improvements, and general requirements
- Help troubleshoot integration issues found during development as well as during satellite assembly, commissioning, and operations
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure successful mission execution
- Previous experience as Software Engineer or Test Engineer
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively communicate issues and solutions
- Experience with Python and Git
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with Gitlab pipelines
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD
- Scrappy and inventive: what you will be building has never been done before
- Openness to being challenged and working outside of your comfort zone
- Willingness to be accountable, autonomous, and take full ownership of projects
Some of Our Awesome Benefits:
- Equity, we want you to have an active role in our success
- Up to 35 days of Paid Time Off (vacations & RTT ) and flexible working hours, we want you to be at your best
- Health and life insurance, we care about your health
- Lunch Vouchers, because let’s be honest, we love food! (we even have a slack channel about it #loft-gourmand)
- Cross-office travel opportunities between San Francisco, Colorado, and Toulouse to learn from our differences
- Company and team off-sites and many other events to work & celebrate together
- Relocation assistance to Toulouse when applicable
Who We Are
Loft Orbital builds “shareable” satellites, providing a fast & simple path to orbit for organizations that require access to space. Powered by our hardware & software products, we operate satellites, fly customer payloads onboard, and handle entire missions from end to end - significantly reducing the lead-time and risk of a traditional space mission.
Our standard interface enables us to fly multiple customer payloads on the same satellite, with capabilities such as earth imagery, weather & climate /science data collection, IoT connectivity, in-orbit demonstrations, and national security missions. Our customers trust us to manage their space infrastructure, so they can focus on what matters most to them: operating their mission and collecting their data.
At Loft, you’ll be given the autonomy and ownership to solve significant challenges, but with a close-knit and supportive team at your back. We believe that diversity and community are the foundation of an open culture. We are committed to hiring the best people regardless of background and make their time at Loft the most fulfilling period of their career.
We value kind, supportive and team-oriented collaborators. It is also crucial for us that you are a problem solver and a great communicator. As our team is international, you will need strong English skills to better collaborate, easily communicate complex ideas and convey important messages.
With 3 satellites on-orbit and a wave of exciting missions launching soon, we are scaling up quickly across our offices in San Francisco, CA | Golden, CO | and Toulouse, France.
As an international company your resume will be reviewed by people across our offices so please attach a copy in English.
See more open positions at Loft Orbital
Something looks off?