Physical Design Engineer
Data movement bottlenecks are the single greatest limiting factor in developing novel hardware for machine learning. We use silicon photonics to break through these barriers, and we're re-architecting the entire AI hardware stack in order to provide multiple-order-of-magnitude improvements in bandwidth and performance. We are creating a hardware/software solution that will outperform the world's largest AI supercomputers.Luminous is backed by Bill Gates, Luke Nosek, Ali Partovi and Dara Khosrowshahi, among others.
About the job
As a physical design engineer, you will implement RTL synthesis to GDSII flow and deliver silicon tapeout to meet area, timing, and power targets. You should have in-depth knowledge of many industrial standards tools and apply necessary backend design know-hows to overcome design challenges with nanometer process nodes. You will participate in early stage design exploration to assist architectural convergence for innovative silicon architectures deployed in data centers.
- Tools, flow, and design methodology from RTL synthesis to GDSII sign-off
- Back-end design and timing closure on 16nm/7nm/5nm
- UPF-based low power design methodology and power verification
- Synthesis, scan insertion/ATPG, and formal verification
- Floorplanning, placement, CTS, and routing
- IR drop and EM/antenna analysis
- Work closely with front-end design team and architectural team
- 10+ years direct industry experience in physical design
- Experience in taping out different flavors of chips, including ASICs, processors, networking, and multicore SoCs.
Additional Nice-to-Have Qualifications:
- Experience in physical design and integration of analog and mixed-signal functional blocks.
Why Luminous Computing?
- Our benefits are here to support you!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) program with company match of 100% up to 4% of your annual salary
- Comprehensive medical / dental / vision, STD/LTD, AD+D and Life Insurance
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily lunch, dinner, snacks, and drinks for on-site employees
- 12 weeks of paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Pre-Tax Transportation and Commuter Benefits
- Mental Health Benefits
- We’re remote friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Luminous Computing office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re vested
- You won’t just own your work here; you’ll have the potential to own equity in Luminous Computing. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow at tremendous rates.
- Additional information
- This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with the range below based on location; $190,000 - 265,000.
Luminous is committed to supporting candidates through the hiring process by providing reasonable accommodations, upon request, to individuals with disabilities or special needs. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to our People Team at .
Luminous Computing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Luminous abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Luminous Computing does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Luminous Computing does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Something looks off?