Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
Mighty Buildings is looking for an experienced Project Manager (PM) to lead and own the execution of the construction project with forward thinking developers and bring our innovative 3D printing construction solution to the communities in specific geographic regions globally.
In this role, you will work closely with external parties including the developer/client, architect of record (AoR), engineer of record (EoR), and general contractors to understand the requirements and develop the solutions. You will also lead the internal teams including Business Development, Product Development, R&D, Sustainability, Manufacturing, and Operations to meet the client’s requirements on schedule and on budget.
You will define the cross-functional objectives, develop and track execution plans, and rally the teams to deliver on and to meet company OKRs and revenue targets. You will work with the executives and technical product teams closely to ensure meeting developer/customer expectations by executing on critical product initiatives with a clear schedule and key results. Bottom line, you will be responsible for the overall execution of complex projects with a significant impact on Mighty Buildings’ scaling and revenue recognition.
- Responsible for the success of the project, including P&L, schedule, specifications, delivery, and customer experience
- Key point of contact throughout the project for internal and external parties, including Customer, AoR/EoR, General contractors and other 3rd party stakeholders
- Hold the internal and external stakeholders accountable for meeting the project’s deliverables
- Drive weekly program status reviews and represent the team to provide weekly project status updates to the customer and Mighty Buildings’ leadership team
- Collaborate with Business Development team to secure new deals and ensure customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the internal or external construction team to ensure smooth execution of construction work
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain team to review each project's material order and delivery status
- Ensure the learnings and feedback from each project are shared horizontally with the rest of the organization
- Collaborate with the team to develop a scalable business process to grow Mighty Buildings’ business
- Perform risk assessment, risk mitigation, and change management on projects
- Bridge cross-functional activities by implementing industry best practices and efficient project management tools to manage ambiguity and drive accountability
- Manage conflicting priorities with limited resources and drive high-quality work under a tight schedule
- Travel in the Contiguous US and global as needed to support project deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Civil Engineering with established industry experience
- 3 or more years experience in residential construction as project manager
- Proven project management, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Experience with phase gate structured product development process (EVT, DVT, PVT, Etc)
- Robust quantitative and analytical skills including command of Microsoft Excel
Experience, Google Docs, Numbers, Smartsheets, Notion, etc.
- Ability to work under high-pressure project schedules
- Ability to work with ambiguity, adapt to changes and bring clarity to the team
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance to execute on agreed-upon project deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally
- Additional projects as needed
- Located in Florida or the East Coast
- MBA or Master of Engineering
- 7 or more years of total professional work experience including 5 or more years of complex project/program management experience, preferably in Construction, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, or similar industries