System, Server & Network Administrator
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a System, Server & Network Administrator, who will report to the VP of Digital Transformation. This is a new position for Mighty Buildings Mexico.
What You’ll Be Doing
Helpdesk Support: Provide timely and effective assistance to end-users, addressing their technical issues, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, and resolving user-reported incidents.
Hardware Management: Maintain and manage the organization's computer hardware inventory, including desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals. Install, configure, and upgrade hardware components as needed.
Server Administration: Manage the organization's servers, ensuring they are properly configured, updated, and maintained. Monitor server performance, handle backups, and implement security measures. Experience with AWS required.
Internet Management: Monitor and ensure consistent internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network connections are in place. Interface with local ISPs as necessary.
Network Infrastructure: Maintain and monitor the network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points. Troubleshoot network connectivity issues and optimize network performance. Experience with HP Aruba and Cisco Meraki networking equipment preferred.
Unix Knowledge: Utilize Unix/Linux expertise to support and troubleshoot systems running on Unix-based operating systems. Perform command-line tasks, scripting, and software installations on Unix/Linux platforms.
Software Support: Assist in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of various software applications used within the organization.
User Training: Conduct training sessions to educate users on technology best practices and help them make the most of the available tools and systems.
Security Management: Implement and maintain security protocols to protect the organization's data, systems, and network from potential threats and breaches.
Documentation: Create and update documentation related to IT systems, procedures, and issue resolution for future reference.
Vendor Management: Liaise with technology vendors for purchasing hardware, software, and support services, ensuring the best value and service quality.
Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor system performance, network traffic, and security logs to identify and address potential issues proactively. Generate regular reports on IT metrics and KPIs.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Strong knowledge of office equipment
- English - Advanced preferred
- Clear, concise and proactive approach to communication
- Strong time and task management skills
- Positively implement company policies, and demonstrate good work ethics
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing facility/environment