Senior Accountant MX & US
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
We're looking for a Senior Accountant.
As Mighty Buildings’ (“MB”) Sr Accountant, you will be responsible for accounting for our Mexican subsidiary, overseeing our outsourced Accounting Team, and eventually insourcing accounting.
You will be embedded into our Finance Service Center in Monterrey/Santa Catarina, where we are building a central team for our global Finance operations.
As a member of our Monterrey Finance Team, you will contribute to building a first-class team, with strong values of professionalism, transparency, and accuracy. You will be part of an enthusiastic team, which is excited to change the home building industry for being more sustainable, scalable and cost effective.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As our Senior Accountant Mexico, you will supervise and coordinate the outsourced accounting for our office and factory operations in Santa Catarina (Monterrey), Mexico, to ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting. This will include monthly closing, financial reporting, VAT return tracking, etc.
- You will ensure compliance with MB’s global and local accounting and payments policies, monitor correct accounting to the right GL accounts and cost centers, and accurate reconciliation/validation of all transactions.
- Over time you will support building Mighty’s inhouse Accounting Team in Mexico.
- You will also guide the external provider in preparing the reports required for MB’s accounting, FP&A, treasury, and tax purposes. In doing so, you will work closely with the various stakeholders both in MB Mexico and in the U.S.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all payments are completed on time and accurately by our outsourced accounting team. You will prepare daily payment runs previously approved by the business stakeholders.
- You will support Treasury in updating its IT-based liquidity forecast and ensuring its accuracy with regards to current values and projections.
- Together with our Head of Treasury Operations, you will continue to refine the company’s payment policy and processes, in order to further improve a secure and closed, technology-based process for payments, with weekly payment runs, 4-eye principle, and cutoff limit-based signatory rights for all payments made by the Mexico entity.
- Accounting degree and several years of on-the-job accounting training, CPA is a plus
- Minimum 5-6 years in financial accounting
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills, ability to synthesize data from different sources
- Strong understanding of process workflow; why controls are needed and how to design controls
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Spanish
- Impeccable personal record and references. Personal records will have to be provided and will be researched.
- Proficiency with standard ERP Systems (NetSuite is a plus), Excel and/or Google Sheets