Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a Category manager. The person who fills this role will have the opportunity to source novel materials and develop new supplier relationships that will enable us to deliver on domestic and international customer projects.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leads the selection, development, and management of strategic suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
- Manages activities including supplier assessments and rationalization, negotiations for best total cost of ownership, vendor managed inventories, cycle time improvements, security of supply, continuous improvement, commodity road maps
- Manages procurement for assigned categories
- Researches and benchmarks current commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/capability, product knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand challenges.
- Lead the negotiation and completion of contracts with global strategic and preferred suppliers
- Implements rigorous processes for managing the supply base including leading periodic business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier performance (quality, cost, delivery, technology, service), managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans.
- Assigned categories include Steel, MgO Boards, Prefabricated components
- Identify, achieve and report on savings and value targets for category sourcing activities
- A bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, procurement, engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, sourcing, and supplier management.
- Track record in establishing strong Statements of Work/ Service Level Agreements, and ensuring supplier performance
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information into clear communications.
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced computer skills, with the ability to analyze large data files that includes pivot tables, vlookups and what/if analysis; Experience with ERP systems