Junior Architect - Internship
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a junior architect to join our Mighty Buildings’s Design team.
You’ll be working directly with our architects, supporting new project developments and business initiatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing various homes with Revit using our Mighty Kit System on our testfit projects for a wide range of Clients, working with their requirements.
- Collaborate with our structural engineers.
- Prepare take-offs and share them with our cost estimator.
- Collaborate with our Visualization team to create design direction for the realistic renderings for client presentations.
- Working on a great variety of international architectural projects to support our Business Development unit.
- Contributing to our culture of creativity and excellence - striving to solve problems in new ways while maintaining an agile and adaptive working style that promotes initiative, accountability, and quick iteration, learning, and revision.
- Learning to hone your cross-functional skills and communicating with Operations and Business Development teams.
- A startup mindset: A proven ability to be resourceful, self-sufficient, and passionate about innovation in the prefabricated construction space. A self-starter who takes initiative and responsibility for their work and actions. Comfort working in a flat organizational environment.
- Architectural background.
- Fluent with Revit, Autodesk Construction Cloud, and Rhino.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- A curious mindset and a willingness to learn.
- Experience with 3D printed construction or innovative materials and assemblies.