MVP Principal in Residence
Unlock your venture capital potential with MVP Ventures’ Principal in Residence (PIR) Program. Our part-time program is an opportunity to source and lead investments at a fast-growing VC firm.
MVP Ventures is pioneering a new approach to venture: the top-tier co-investor. We partner with exceptional startups and aim to be the “Most Value Per dollar” investor through our experienced portfolio support team.
We’ve built a world-class team with 80+ years of venture experience. We have invested in iconic startups such as Anduril, Dataminr, Turing, Mighty Buildings, Magic Eden, LayerZero, Stoke Space, and many more.
We are looking for students who are passionate about working with founders and gaining experience in venture. The successful candidate will do two things exceptionally:
- Sourcing: Master your target vertical. Identify promising startups. Source investments.
- Due Diligence: Lead due diligence. Prepare memos. Champion investments at investment committee.
We want self-motivated individuals who think and work independently. Our dream candidate has a deep founder network, strong hustle and industry expertise. We hire for strengths. We look for people who have excelled in past pursuits. We believe venture investing is teachable, but passion and grit is not. We optimize for the latter.
This is a part-time, 1-year program during the school year. We don’t believe in hour-based time commitments — we look for independent, self-starters. That said, past superstar PIRs got the most out of the program when they could carve out 15-20 hours per week.
This is a remote program, but we welcome PIRs to join us in our office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Second- or third-year master or dual degree student at a top business or engineering school. MBA preferred.
- Deep expertise in one or more technology verticals (e.g., cybersecurity, defense/govtech, AI, cloud, developer tools, healthcare/life sciences).
- Motivated and intellectually curious about VC with a founder-first mentality.
If interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a paragraph on your investment thesis in your preferred technology vertical. Please note that we’ve been fortunate to receive many qualified applications in the past, and may not always be able to respond to each personally.