Technology Product Manager (Productivity)
Neon is an open-source company on a mission to create a cloud-native Postgres database service for every developer.
We are growing our Product Team and are looking for an experienced Technology Product Manager who will contribute to product ideation, prioritization, and execution efforts. In this role, you will connect with our users, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and ensure the successful implementation of product ideas that improve developer experiences. Your ability to distill requirements, prioritize effectively, and manage complex solutions will be crucial to our success.
- Ideation and Prioritization:
- Lead the ideation process by working closely with leadership, developers, designers, and other stakeholders to generate innovative ideas.
- Evaluate ideas for their potential to enhance user experiences, attract new customers, and align with company objectives.
- Determine the optimal sequence for implementing new features or improvements to maximize user satisfaction and growth.
- Prioritize product initiatives based on user needs, business goals, and market trends.
- Utilize data and metrics to measure success and make data-driven decisions.
- Continuously evaluate and adjust priorities as needed to adapt to changing circumstances.
- User-Centric Approach:
- Connect with users to deeply understand their needs, desires, and pain points.
- Collaborate closely with design and engineering teams to transform user insights into tangible product features.
- Ensure that product development aligns with user personas and addresses their specific needs.
- Requirements Definition:
- Distill high-level ideas and concepts into detailed product requirements, including user stories, feature specifications, and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate requirements effectively to cross-functional teams to guide development efforts.
We’re looking for someone who has
- Proven track record as a Product Manager for a technology product (preferably a product for application developers).
- Demonstrated experience in data-driven decision-making and the ability to prioritize product features and enhancements based on data insights.
- Technical aptitude:
- Hands-on experience running SQL queries and working with APIs.
- Basic understanding of distributed systems and service-oriented architecture.
- Familiarity with the database domain, either as a user or as a Product Manager for a team heavily reliant on databases with a significant setup.
- Ability to navigate complex engineering environments, including experience with multi-team collaboration and managing dependencies between teams.
- Experience operating a service, including defining Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and ensuring uptime requirements.
- Previous exposure to and understanding of product-led growth strategies, including alignment with Go-to-Market (GTM) teams.
- Prior experience in a startup environment showcasing adaptability, agility, and a hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- Experience setting up and managing billing and payment methods for products/ services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
It's a bonus if you have
- Engineering background (e.g., you wrote some code before).
- Experience in a big company with several hundred/ thousand people in Engineering.
Neon is building open-source cloud-native PostgreSQL. Our architecture separates storage from compute, allowing for stateless and serverless Postgres. We’re a well funded startup with deep knowledge of Postgres internals and decades of experience building databases. We are a systems company; we work on low-level code with strict performance and correctness requirements.
Neon was created by a team of Postgres hackers, and led by CEO Nikita Shamgunov (co-founder of SingleStore). Neon is built on open-source principles and is focused on giving back to the Postgres and developer communities.
- We are a distributed team of 60 people working from 22 countries (concentrating around North America and Europe time zones)
- We are a team built on open sources cultural principles (transparency, contribution, accountability, proactivity)
- Team with decades of experience building databases and deep knowledge of Postgres internals. We are deeply technical
- We have experienced Postgres committers and hackers on the team (check Heikki, Anastasia, Arseny, Matthias profiles)
- We believe in the efficacy of collaborative open source
- We aim for a diversity of thoughts and backgrounds
- We are keen to be a fast-moving flat org and avoid hierarchical structures
- Top-tier investors backed up Neon's vision:
- We raised $104 million in funding from Menlo Ventures, GGV, Khosla Ventures, General Catalyst, Founders Fund.
- Venture vehicles of Snowflake and Databricks invested in Neon.
- Our angels investors are prominent technologists, and ecosystem players. More than 20 awesome angels supported Neon, including Nat Friedman, Elad Gil, Mike Ovitz, Ajeet Singh, Guillermo Rauch, Søren Brammer Schmidt, and Wes McKinney.
- Our Board includes Quentin Clark, Glenn Solomon, Joe Morrissey, and Tim Tully.
- You have an opportunity to be an early employee in the fast-scaling ambitious team
- You can work 100% remote: we'll handle all formalities to arrange work from your home
- We pay top of the market in most parts of the world
- We grant equity (stock options) for all full-time hires
- We offer a competitive benefits package in line with all tech companies (top-notch equipment, unlimited vacations, paid parental leaves, and much more)
- We are distributed, yet make our bonds during regular offsites (the last one was in Cyprus)