Health Services Manager
New Orleans, LA, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2023
About Nest Health
Nest Health is an innovative, value-based pediatric and adult primary care provider that brings care to families, as a unit, at home. The Nest interdisciplinary clinical team provides medical, behavioral, and social care, with convenient 24/7access. We make care easy by combining appointments, and eliminating access barriers such as transportation, childcare, and the need for missed work or school days.
We are guided by the following core values:
Collaboration – We collaborate with each other, with families and with the communities we serve
Humility – We recognize that our teammates and our member families often have the answers
Authenticity – We bring our diverse experiences and real selves to our work
Resourcefulness – We are builders and problem solvers
Joy – We bring joy to our work and our member families
Nest was co-founded by Dr. Rebekah Gee, the former Secretary of Health for the State of Louisiana and the former CMO for Medicaid and the Title V program; and Rebecca Kavoussi, former Western US President at Landmark Health, and former head of global clinical operations at Babylon Health. Nest has funding and support from multiple venture capital firms, including Sandbox Industries and 8VC. Employees will be afforded an opportunity develop and drive their careers with this fast paced and innovative company while receiving competitive compensation, paid holidays, vacation, excellent medical health, vision, and dental coverage; short term and long-term disability coverage; and the ability to contribute to a 401K.
The Health Services Manager will lead an interdisciplinary care team to ensure that our patients and families are receiving the best care possible, whether at home or through our virtual offerings. This role will partner with physician leadership and directly oversee the Nest interdisciplinary team, including medical assistant-trained Family Advocates (FAs), dieticians, licensed clinical social workers, and registered nurses. The Health Services Manager will work with the team to implement and refine Nest’s home visiting protocols, workflows, and care management tools. The Health Services Manager will oversee and be responsible for daily operations and performance metrics for the interdisciplinary team, ensuring that families are receiving the care that they need both within and outside of the Nest. The role will also lead other community health related activities and represent Nest Health in New Orleans.
What You’ll Do
● Serve as the day-to-day leader for Family Advocates, Nest nurses, social workers, and dietitians in the market ensuring team collaboration, accountability, and opportunities for development.
● Help build, train, and retain the care team through hiring, onboarding, and continuing education for the market’s clinical team. Ensure patient care provided by staff is consistent with each role’s scope of work, national standards, and evidence-based practice.
● Use a continual quality improvement mindset to identify opportunities to improve Nest model efficiency, tools, and responsiveness to member family needs.
● Ensure that the Nest team meets clinical and operational performance metrics, identify risks and barriers, and develop and execute performance improvement action plans.
● Provide direct patient care in the role of Registered Nurse while market scales. Use this opportunity to create and refine nursing workflows that best support quality and patient outcomes.
● Utilize Nest Health’s electronic health record and care management tools, as well as the market’s EMR to collect data, document member interactions, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with your team, members, and community resources.
● Engage with local community organizations to build Nest’s presence in the area and identify accountable social care service provider partners and opportunities for partnership.
● Interact with market payers and their care management teams on collaborative workflows, troubleshooting, market-specific operations, and supporting best patient outcomes.
● Implement and refine care coordination workflows and protocols through close collaboration and feedback from the team.
● Lead and refine intradisciplinary team meetings in a way which ensures there is cross-functional collaboration, panel management related to quality and performance indicators, as well as overall team culture resulting in engaged team members and high-quality care.
● Partner with the Office Manager to ensure schedules and supplies meet the needs of the field-based team.
Experience & Qualifications:
· Licensure: Registered Nurse in Louisiana
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or equivalent). MS preferred.
· Minimum of two (2) years prior management or leadership experience; 5 years preferred
· Experience in a startup environment preferred
· Experience working with families, a plus but not required
· Experience working in at-home care, a plus but not required
· Experience serving underserved populations with complex social needs preferred
Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
· Proactive trouble-shooter and problem solver
· Comfort and demonstrated success with data-driven decision-making, including setting and helping teams meet performance targets
· A passion for coaching and developing team members
· Confidence in nursing skills, telephonic triage, and evidence-based clinical decision making
· Bridge builder within Nest Health and across medical and social service sectors
Travel & Physical Requirements
● This is an in-person, New Orleans-based role. Occasional travel may be required.
● Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Covid 19 Vaccination - Please Read:
Nest Health requires all patient-facing employees to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated and are up to date for COVID-19. Any individuals subject to this requirement may request an exemption based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by Nest Health, and exemptions will be granted only if Nest Health can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption.
Nest Health celebrates the diversity of our patient population and seeks diversity on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Interested candidates can apply at www.nesthealth.com/careers
See more open positions at Nest Health
Something looks off?