Health Services Director
New Orleans, LA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
About Nest Health
Nest Health is an innovative, value-based pediatric and adult primary care provider that brings care to families, as a unit,at home. The Nest interdisciplinary clinical team provides medical, behavioral, and social care, with convenient 24/7access. We make care easy by combining appointments, and eliminating access barriers such as transportation, childcare, and the need for missed work or school days.
We are guided by the following core values:
· Collaboration– We collaborate with each other, with families and with the communities we serve
· Humility– We recognize that our teammates and our member families often have the answers
· Authenticity– We bring our diverse experiences and real selves to our work
· Resourcefulness– We are builders and problem solvers
· Joy – We bring joy to our work and our member families
Nest was co-founded by Dr. Rebekah Gee, the former Secretary of Health for the State of Louisiana and the former CMO for Medicaid and the Title V program; and Rebecca Kavoussi, former Western US President at Landmark Health, and former head of global clinical operations at Babylon Health. Nest has funding and support from multiple venture capital firms, including Sandbox Industries and 8VC. Employees will be afforded an opportunity develop and drive their careers with this fast paced and innovative company while receiving competitive compensation, paid holidays, vacation, excellent medical health, vision, and dental coverage; short term and long-term disability coverage; and the ability to contribute to a 401K.
The Health Services Director will provide strategic leadership and vision to an interdisciplinary care team to ensure that our patients and families are receiving the highest quality of care possible, whether at home or through our virtual offerings. This role will partner with physician leadership and directly oversee the Nest interdisciplinary team, including medical assistant-trained Family Advocates (FAs), dieticians, licensed clinical social workers, and registered nurses. The Health Services Director will work with the team to implement and refine Nest’s home visiting protocols, workflows, and care management tools, while also collaborating with other departments and stakeholders to improve overall patient outcomes. The Health Services Director will oversee and be responsible for daily operations, budget, and performance metrics for the interdisciplinary team, ensuring that families are receiving the care that they need both within and outside of the Nest. Additionally, this role will lead other community health related activities, and represent Nest Health in New Orleansat a strategic level.
What You’ll Do
· Provide leadership to Family Advocates, Nest nurses, social workers, and dietitians in the market, fostering a collaborative and accountable team culture that encourages professional development and growth opportunities.
· Develop and execute talent acquisition and retention strategies, including recruitment, onboarding, and continuing education programs for the market’s clinical team, ensuring that patient care provided by staff adheres to national standards, evidence-based practice, and each role’s scope of work.
· Champion a continual quality improvement mindset to identify opportunities to optimize the Nest model, tools, and responsiveness to member family needs, leveraging data analytics and market insights to inform strategic decision-making.
· Oversee the clinical and operational performance metrics of the Nest team, identifying and mitigating risks and barriers, and implementing performance improvement action plans to drive continuous improvements in care quality and patient outcomes.
· Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams in patient care, particularly in the role of Registered Nurse while market scales, to create and refine nursing workflows that best support quality and patient outcomes.
· Maximize the use of Nest Health’s electronic health record and care management tools, as well as the market’s EMR, to collect data, document member interactions, organize information, track tasks, and facilitate communication with team members, members, and community resources.
· Build and nurture relationships with local community organizations, payers, and care management teams, identifying accountable social care service provider partners and opportunities for collaboration that enhance the market’s care delivery capabilities.
· Implement and refine care coordination workflows and protocols through close collaboration and feedback from the team, ensuring that they align with industry standards, regulatory requirements, and Nest Health’s strategic objectives.
· Lead and facilitate intradisciplinary team meetings, fostering cross-functional collaboration, panel management related to quality and performance indicators, and an engaged team culture that prioritizes high-quality care delivery.
· Collaborate with the Office Manager to ensure the field-based team’s schedules and supplies meet their needs, identifying opportunities to optimize operational efficiencies and enhance care delivery.
Experience & Qualifications:
· Licensure: Registered Nurse in Louisiana
· Education: Master’s degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or related field required
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare or related field required, with demonstrated success in managing and developing high-performing teams.
· Experience in a startup or fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment required, with a track record of building and scaling operations to meet organizational goals and objectives.
· Experience working with families, preferably in underserved communities, highly desirable.
· Experience in home care delivery, population health management, care coordination, or other relevant clinical operations preferred.
· Experience working with diverse populations with complex social needs, such as individuals with chronic conditions, behavioral health needs, or social determinants of health, strongly preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills required, with the ability to leverage data and insights to drive strategic and operational planning.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills required, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
· Deep knowledge of healthcare regulations, quality standards, and industry best practices required, with the ability to apply this knowledge to drive compliance and quality improvement initiatives.
· Strong project management skills required, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated commitment to Nest Health’s mission, vision, and values, with a passion for improving healthcare outcomes for underserved populations.
· A passion for coaching and developing high-performing teams, with a track record of effectively mentoring and motivating staff at all levels of the organization.
· Expertise in nursing practice, with a deep understanding of evidence-based clinical decision making, telephonic triage, and other relevant care delivery models.
Travel & Physical Requirements
· This is an in-person, New Orleans-based role. Occasional travel may be required.
· Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Covid 19 Vaccination - Please Read:
Nest Health requires all patient-facing employees to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated and are up to date for COVID-19. Any individuals subject to this requirement may request an exemption based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by Nest Health, and exemptions will be granted only if Nest Health can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption.
Nest Health celebrates the diversity of our patient population and seeks diversity on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Interested candidates can apply at www.nesthealth.com/careers
See more open positions at Nest Health
Something looks off?