Physician, Family Medicine or Med-Peds - Primary Care in the Home
New Orleans, LA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
About Nest Health
Nest Health, launched in New Orleans, LA, is Nest Health is a new, whole family healthcare practice delivering convenient and compassionate house calls and virtual care to parents and their kids. Nest makes healthcare easy for moms, dads, babies, kids and teens living in the same home. With evening and weekend appointments, house calls, virtual visits, same day and next day availability, plus a 24/7 nurse line, families do not need multiple appointments, extra time off work, childcare or transportation to get the help and care they need, when they need it.
We are guided by our CHARJ, the Nest core values:
· Collaboration – We collaborate with each other, with families and with the communities we serve
· Humility – We recognize that our teammates and our member families often have the answers
· Authenticity – We bring our diverse experiences and real selves to our work
· Resourcefulness – We are builders and problem solvers
· Joy – We bring joy to our work and our member families
Nest was co-founded by Dr. Rebekah Gee, the former Secretary of Health for the State of Louisiana and the former CMO for Medicaid and the Title V program; and Rebecca Kavoussi, former Western US President at Landmark Health and former head of global clinical operations at Babylon Health. Employees will be afforded an opportunity to develop and drive their careers with this fast paced and innovative company while receiving competitive compensation, company equity, paid holidays, vacation, excellent medical health, vision and dental coverage; short term and long term disability coverage; and the ability to contribute to a 401K.
The Nest Physician is the primary care provider, providing whole-family primary, acute, chronic and pediatric care to adult and pediatric family members in the home setting. The Physician is both a health practitioner and an educator, delivering care in a culturally congruent, non-judgmental manner and collaborating closely a clinical team comprised of physicians, behavioral health counselors, registered dieticians, and the partnership of a medical assistant upskilled to help support social services navigation when conducting care in the homes. Must be trained in either Family Practice or Med-Peds.
What You’ll Do
· Manage a panel of families as the primary care provider to improve whole-family health through longitudinal primary and preventive care, care management, and care coordination in the home setting and virtual care modalities as appropriate (video, phone, SMS)
· Provide mentorship and guidance to Nest Advanced Practice Providers
· Practice with the support of a robust interdisciplinary team, including, LCSWs, RNs, psychiatrists, dieticians and medical assistants
· Utilize Nest Health’s electronic health record and care management tools to collect data, document member interactions in the field, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with your team, members, and community resources
· Attend daily team huddles and weekly case conferences to advise on physical health needs and establish health goals as part of member’s NAP (Nest Action Plan)
· Propose treatments for chronic and infectious diseases, prescribe and reconcile appropriate medications, and educate patients about their conditions and medications
· Order, administer, obtain and record diagnostic tests
Experience & Qualifications:
· Board certification or board certification eligibility in Family Medicine or Med-Peds
· Active Louisiana Medical License or eligible for application
· Active DEA Controlled Substance Registration or eligible for application
· Mission-driven, goal-oriented and passionate about underserved populations, community health, and the emergingNest Health Care model
· Available to work full time and participate in a rotating call schedule that includes occasional evening and weekend days each month
· Experience working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team preferred
Nest understands that job requirements sometimes exclude people who identify with historically marginalized groups from applying to jobs for which they are qualified. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed, or if you achieved these requirements through unconventional channels, we encourage you to apply.
Travel & Physical Requirements
· This is a New Orleans-based role
· Must have a driver’s license, a car (mileage is reimbursed), auto insurance, and the ability to drive to the homes of Nest families and carry portable healthcare supplies
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
Covid 19 Vaccination - Please Read:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work to be fully vaccinated and up-to-date against COVID-19 by their start date. Any individuals subject to this requirement may request an exemption based on a sincerely held religious belief or medical need. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by Nest Health, and exemptions will be granted only if Nest Health can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption.
Nest Health celebrates the diversity of our patient population and seeks diversity on our team. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary Range $150-175K
Interested candidates can apply at www.nesthealth.com/careers