Account Manager, Jersey City
Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, coffee shops, and other establishments through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners hours every week with our tech-based operating platform, reducing CO2 emissions by consolidating deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
The Odeko team is diverse, passionate, and innovative. Our 400+ employees are spread across numerous departments and business lines, but are single-minded in our mission to develop technology to support the many needs of our customers. We believe that small businesses need support now more than ever, and that Odeko is uniquely positioned to provide that support.
We’re looking for an Account Manager who is passionate about helping small business owners succeed. In this role, you’ll own the relationship between Odeko and our cafe partners, acting as their advocate, advisor and cheerleader inside Odeko. You’ll be a sponge for customer feedback, and turn that feedback into actionable product changes that lead to better partner outcomes. You’ll be a coffee shop expert, and make meaningful connections to owners, managers, baristas and more all in the name of helping coffee shops thrive. You’ll be a cafe operator’s trusted advisor, armchair psychologist and business partner, and help them reach their full potential.
- Own the customer relationship post-sales, with a focus on retention and expansion. This will be done through upselling, in person visits to the cafes and launching new products.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with accounts and key customer stakeholders, demonstrating success in helping small coffee shops scale and grow
- Identify customer needs and objectives to help them achieve their business goals
- Communicate and report key account metrics internally and externally
- Work with our Sales, Support and Operations teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Act as a customer liaison to internal teams, acting as the customer voice and advocating for product improvements based on customer feedback
- Proven account management or other relevant experience (sales, customer success, etc.)
- Experience discovering and closing sales opportunities and building client relationships
- Experience successfully managing a pipeline to achieve revenue targets
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for coffee and small business. A background in coffee is a bonus!
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.