Staff Fullstack Engineer - United Kingdom
Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, coffee shops, and other establishments through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners hours every week with our tech-based operating platform, reducing CO2 emissions by consolidating deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
The Odeko team is diverse, passionate, and innovative. Our 400+ employees are spread across numerous departments and business lines, but are single-minded in our mission to develop technology to support the many needs of our customers. We believe that small businesses need support now more than ever, and that Odeko is uniquely positioned to provide that support.
This is a position within the New Business Pod. We tend to attract entrepreneurial types who want the challenge of researching and breathing life into new business lines, akin to creating startups within Odeko. Our tech stack is predominantly Ruby services communicating via Kafka and a React frontend embracing GraphQL Federation.
We are looking for a Staff Fullstack Engineer who should be well seasoned across multiple levels of our tech stack, comfortable with setting technical direction amid loosely defined goals, and driven to push past boundaries that stop less motivated engineers. They will be entrusted with authority to make decisions, learn quickly, and iterate until we have created new products that our customers will love.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby for our backend APIs
- Postgres for storage
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- GraphQL Federation to enable API composition
- React for our frontend web applications
- Kubernetes and Docker to run our applications
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Concourse/ArgoCD for our CI/CD
How you’ll make an impact:
- Ability to technically lead across the full development lifecycle and make decisions on technologies, architecture and design.
- You significantly impact quality, accuracy, timeliness and volume of work through your own exceptional work as well as creative and assertive influence over others.
- Be part of a cross functional team delivering solutions that make an impact across the organisation.
- Ability to influence and mentor others. Leading by influence and example.
- MUST have the right to work in the UK
- 8+ years software engineering experience as a full stack engineer, ideally in a microservices landscape.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with business and product strategy and the ability to interpret that into technical plans.
- A curious disposition who naturally asks thoughtful questions to get to the heart of any issue.
- Strong engineering best practices with experience in building robust, distributed, and resilient systems.
- Experience working across a range of frontend and backend technologies using Ruby/Rails, React, Typescript and designing database schemas with Postgres or another DBMS.
- Experience with performance and optimisation, ability to evaluate, diagnose and make data informed decisions.
- Experience building event driven systems using Kafka, ksqlDB and GraphQL Federation is desirable.
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.