Hardware and Test Automation Engineer
oneNav, based in Silicon Valley, is developing a next-generation, pureL5 mobile GNSS receiver for location-based services for consumer mobile devices such as smartphones and wearables devices.
We are looking for a Hardware Test Automation Engineer to help support R&D and automation of tests for custom GNSS receivers built by oneNav. The HW team delivers portable prototype systems for oneNav Field Testing and Customer evaluations worldwide. You’ll face exciting challenges and provide high-impact solutions in a small group of highly experienced RF, Digital HW, Software QA, and Customer Deployment and Field Test teams.
- Perform various tests of receiver hardware (both RF and digital)
- Writing automation software (scripts) using test hardware APIs
- Configuration and operation of test hardware
- Debugging of various issues of receiver hardware
- BS in EE, CS, or equivalent
- 3+ years of RF or Digital Hardware R&D Engineer experience
- 3+ years of Python programming language
- Solid experience with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, function generators, waveform generators, and power supplies
- Good analytical ability and problem-solving skills and Customer-orientation
- Ability to think independently while also being a solid team player.
- Solid knowledge of Python or C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of Xilinx FPGA development tools (XSDK, Vitis)
- Board-level assembly experience in RF/microwave and high-speed mixed signal silicon
- R&D or prototype development of PCBs for high-volume mobile wireless, wearables, and IoT applications
- Experience with GNSS receiver technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Amazing Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Life insurance
- Twenty dollars a day for lunch when working onsite
- Commuter benefits
- Pet Insurance
About the Team
oneNav’s team comprises top GNSS experts from Qualcomm, Apple, Intel, SnapTrack, SiRF and Trimble, with decades of GNSS and mobile industry experience. Our team has extensive experience in GNSS system architecture, multipath, signal processing, ASIC design and AI/machine learning, and has collectively filed over 200 career GNSS patents. We are backed by Norwest Ventures, GSR Ventures and Google Ventures. You can find more information at www.onenav.ai.