What We Do:
PIN is the easiest way for any community to start a legal entity to invest in startups together. We automate logistics - legal, tax, admin work (aka all the boring stuff 😴) - so that leaders and investors can focus on sourcing, investing, community events, engaging with/learning from people with shared passions, etc (aka all the fun stuff).
Our mission is to be the easiest way for any person to reliably invest in high-quality, venture-backed startups - a $300B+ asset class that has driven significant financial returns over the last decade but has historically been difficult to access for most because of accreditation rules. PIN allows anyone to seamlessly start or join Community Funds, SEC-compliant investing vehicles that allow anyone - regardless of accreditation - to invest in startups.
We’re a well-capitalized seed-stage startup backed by top VCs and angels including Initialized and NEA. We’re remote-first and are seeking the best talent regardless of location, but are particularly interested in NYC-based candidates who would be excited to collaborate 2-3 days a week.
The big picture: in this role, you’d be leading our growth function & working very closely with Steph (the founder/CEO). We have an ambitious goal of getting PIN investing communities set up at every growth stage company/unicorn, entrepreneurial school, accelerator/founder community, etc, and are looking for someone who’s excited about bringing more awareness about PIN, our mission, and our value proposition to these communities.
About the role:
- Serve as the leader and point person for all things growth and community with the ultimate goal of bringing on as many communities as possible onto the platform
- Day to day responsibilities will include: 1. meeting with prospective communities who want to learn more about PIN and demo’ing our product 2. educating people on startup investing, venture capital, startups, and 3. driving both strategy and execution to help gain attention from our relevant customer segment (spans the spectrum, including marketing tactics to drive inbound, strategy to organize and have systematic outbound, partnerships, and more)
- Collecting feedback from users and prospective users to help inform product iterations and future roadmap
- 3+ years of experience scaling consumer-facing companies. Bonus points if the audience consisted of tech operators, startups, founders, VCs, etc.
- Experience growing communities or scaling audiences on Twitter, Linkedin, Discord, and others
- Passionate about PIN’s mission — startup investing, and particularly making it more accessible, easy to understand, and inclusive to a broad audience — and excited to share that passion with others. It’s a bonus if you have previous experience in understanding this, but most important is a passion for learning and teaching it to others. We’re confident we can provide the right educational resources and experience to ramp up as long as someone has the innate passion
- Extraverted — you enjoy the idea that a significant portion of your role will involve meeting new people (current and prospective customers/users), in meetings, showing demos, getting feedback, etc.
- Have self-initiative and can work independently — you’re the type of person who flags and fixes a problem on your own. You don’t need or enjoy someone directing you or setting your to-do’s. You think strategically and can set your own priorities to execute on goals successfully
- A team player — you think of startup teams as team sports. You have your domain/expertise, but you’re also excited to jump into new tasks/team needs when needed
- Enjoys both strategy and execution - you can think high level and strategically in order to problem solve, set new projects in motion, and improve processes. You also enjoy the implementation and execution of those strategies. (If you prefer a consulting role that’s typically just the former, this is not a good role for you)
- Reliable - you consistently do what you’ll say you do (to your teammates, to users/prospective users, etc)
- Results and KPI-driven - you’re motivated by quantifying and growing metrics (in this case - user growth, revenue, etc)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance with options that are 100% employer-paid
- Unlimited time off
- Reimbursement for a home office setup
- Paid travel costs to team off-sites
Even if you don’t fit 100% of the qualifications listed, we still encourage you to apply! We’re very open-minded to different backgrounds and the above is meant to provide guidance.