Quality Analyst Engineer (Remote)
Hey, नमस्ते, Hola, Nǐ hǎo 👋
Popup is a 100% remote company with multinational teams. Join us as we change commerce forever.
Popup is building the world's largest, most valuable community of entrepreneurs, creators, brands and partners. The products and services that Popup provides are designed to support them in building successful businesses.
Our commerce platform is at the core of what we do. Popup (www.popup.store) is the only no-code e-commerce platform that enables merchants to build online Popup Stores powered by visual customer journeys. Popup is based on the understanding that one-size-fits-all approaches do not work and that flexibility is key.
With online Popup Stores merchants can visually build and control customer journeys while managing multiple online Popup Stores from 1 admin in multiple languages and currencies. There's a video on our site to see it in action.
Popup was founded by 3 people (Corey, Matteo, and Cait) who are ex-Shopify and who have over 30 years of combined experience in e-commerce. Popup is currently 20+ people in teams such as Engineering, People, Marketing, Merchant Success and Product.
Being a Popup Star
When you join Popup, you’re joining a team of all-stars. Having an Explorer Mindset is core to how we think and make decisions individually and collectively.
About the role
A peek inside your new role.
- Design and execute test cases to improve the usability of our products
- Participate in the test automation tool selection process
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files, and other project documentation to assure the quality of the products and tests to be developed
- Design and Execute test cases (both manual & automation)
- Analyzing user stories and or use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Execute all levels of testing (system, integration, penetration and regression)
- Create and execute test plans and utilize scenario-specific test cases for effective testing of Web-based client-facing and internal applications
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation (data-driven testing and BDD)
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites (ie perform automated dynamic testing)
- Work with the development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used
- Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks
- Stay up to date with industry news and the latest technologies
- A team player, but capable of working on own initiatives.
- Attend team and company meetings
What you need
The experience and skillset you need.
- Conscientious, meticulous with excellent problem-solving skills and a systematic approach to work
- Well-versed in creating test scenarios, test cases, doing effort estimation
- Knowledge of Rest APIs and API testing experience including tools like Postman
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, STLC, and software testing concepts
- Strong in manual testing including regression testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes, ability to understand and review user stories
- Experience working with defect management tools like Jira, Quality Center
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with automation testing in tools like Cypress, Selenium, and Protractor
- Having 3+ years of experience
After you submit your application
Expect to hear back from us within approximately 2-3 weeks after submitting your application. We're excited to learn more about you and why Popup is where you belong 🥳
Life at Popup
Learn more about Life at Popup here.