Senior Back-End Software Engineer (RoR)
Hey, नमस्ते, Hola, Nǐ hǎo 👋
Popup is a 100% remote company with multinational teams. Join us as we change commerce forever.
Popup is building the world's largest, most valuable community of entrepreneurs, creators, brands and partners. The products and services that Popup provides are designed to support them in building successful businesses.
Our commerce platform is at the core of what we do. Popup (www.popup.store) is the only no-code e-commerce platform that enables merchants to build online Popup Stores powered by visual customer journeys. Popup is based on the understanding that one-size-fits-all approaches do not work and that flexibility is key.
With online Popup Stores merchants can visually build and control customer journeys while managing multiple online Popup Stores from 1 admin in multiple languages and currencies. There's a video on our site to see it in action.
Popup was founded by 3 people (Corey, Matteo, and Cait) who are ex-Shopify and who have over 30 years of combined experience in e-commerce. Popup is currently 20+ people in teams such as Engineering, People, Marketing, Merchant Success and Product.
Being a Popup Star
When you join Popup, you’re joining a team of all-stars. Having an Explorer Mindset is core to how we think and make decisions individually and collectively.
About the role
A peak inside your new role.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Creating unit tests using RSpec
- Integration and development of various microservices
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Reviewing other developers' code as well as suggesting improvements
What you need
The experience and skillset you need.
- 5+ years of experience
- Hands-on experience with databases like Mysql, Postgres, Redis, Memcache
- Knowledge of HLD system designs
- Experience in GCP or AWS
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool Git
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind architecting and designing scalable backend systems
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Professional proficiency in English
Good to have
The cherries on top.
- Experience with Shopify app development
- Experience with Shopify themes
- Experience with Vue3 or Vue2
- Ability to create control flow diagrams that represent business logic
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Ability to set up CI/ CD pipelines
- Ability to manage priorities, and tasks, monitor progress and evaluate the results of the project
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (such as Liquid, Slim, HAML, etc)
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors (such as SASS)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Desire to contribute written work to company knowledge base once posted and prepare articles for publishing to marketing collateral and white papers
After you submit your application
Expect to hear back from us within approximately 2-3 weeks after submitting your application. We're excited to learn more about you and why Popup is where you belong 🥳
Life at Popup
Learn more about Life at Popup here.