Sales Development Representative - South
At Prepared, our mission is to revolutionize emergency response from start to finish by bringing never-before-available data directly to public safety professionals. By adding bi-directional text, image, video, and GPS location to 9-1-1 calls, our platform improves public safety outcomes for callers, dispatchers, and first responders alike.
In the span of less than 18 months, we’ve partnered with more than 10% of 9-1-1 centers across 48 states and the District of Columbia. This large collection of client 9-1-1 centers – which grow in number each week – combine to protect over 60 million Americans each day.
Prepared is backed by early investors of companies like SpaceX, Uber, Oculus, and more. We put our mission, people, and values first, and are seeking impact-driven innovators to join our team!
What You’ll Do
- Represent Prepared – you’ll often be the first person to speak to a prospective customer.
- Identify prospective customers and generate leads.
- Contact and qualify prospective customers in innovative and proactive ways.
- Deliver a compelling pitch of Prepared’s value proposition to prospects.
- Maintain high call volumes with precision follow-up.
- Work with sales leadership and account executives to execute sales strategies.
What You’ll Need
- 1+ years of experience in a sales or business development role, ideally in B2B or B2G SaaS.
- Demonstrated ability to meet/exceed sales targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Coachable and an excited-to-learn attitude.
- Self motivated and self disciplined: the ability to be given a goal and attack it with little direct supervision.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and frequent change, familiar with the startup pace/ambiguity.
- Experience with Salesforce, HubSpot, or other CRM software.
- You’ve worked in an early-stage (Seed, Series A) startup before.
- You have experience working in public safety/the public sector.
If you are self-starter, a quick learner, and require little guidance to do good work, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity – even if you don’t meet every qualification.