Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer - (ML/CV/AI)
At Skyways we are building a new form of air transportation. Some people call it the flying car. We believe fully autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles represent a unique opportunity to move things and ultimately people in new, more efficient ways. Our strategy to get there is completely different than the rest of the industry.
Skyways is a startup based in Austin TX. We are backed by some of the most respected investors in Silicon Valley including YCombinator. Although we consider ourselves early-stage, we already have vehicles in production and in the hands of paying customers. Come join us and work on a transportation revolution to advance our civilization!
Note: most of our jobs are local in Austin TX, with the notable exception of software related roles.
We are growing and looking for a Senior Software Engineer specialized in ML / AI / CV to join our team and lead all AI-related efforts at Skyways. You are excited about things that fly. You are not afraid of tough engineering challenges, that's what gets you up in the morning. You are willing to work directly on the aircraft and see your creation take flight. You are excited about joining a startup, an extremely fast-paced environment where we get things done.
- take ownership of computer vision related projects at Skyways
- collect training data, set up training pipelines, produce models, rinse and repeat
- invent, design new systems and go through design review process
- reason about your decisions based on data (experiments, math/science)
- maintain a clean codebase by doing code reviews, writing tests, using CI
- promote software engineering best practices, and develop processes for the long term
- ship software to production (i.e. our aircraft but also network-based applications), systems integration, and be an SRE
- work with flight ops to test your software and iterate/improve at an insane speed
- BSc. or MSc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering or related field
- at least 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer / ML Engineer
- 7+ years of experience writing production code using modern C++ on Linux
- 5+ years of experience in Python
- at least 5 years of experience creating production solutions in Machine Learning / AI in particular Computer Vision
- at least 5 years of experience with code reviews, unit tests and e2e tests
- at least 7 years of experience in a multi-threaded codebase
- Ability to create a well-organized software architecture and build efficient algorithms
- experience with software running onboard a vehicle/robot
- experience with flight controls / control theory
Something looks off?