Engineering Program Manager (Manufacturing)
At Skyways we are building a new form of air transportation. Some people call it the flying car. We believe fully autonomous unmanned aerial vehicles represent a unique opportunity to move things and ultimately people in new, more efficient ways. Our strategy to get there is completely different than the rest of the industry.
Skyways is a startup based in Austin TX. We are backed by some of the most respected investors in Silicon Valley including YCombinator. Although we consider ourselves early-stage, we already have vehicles in production and in the hands of paying customers. Come join us and work on a transportation revolution to advance our civilization!
Note: most of our jobs are local in Austin TX, with the notable exception of software related roles.
We are urgently looking for an experienced, fearless and hands-on Engineering Project Manager to help us ramp up manufacturing/production of an aircraft due to high demand. Skyways has already gone from 0 to 1. This role is an amazing opportunity to help a startup go from 1 to N.
- Main responsibility: deliver N aircraft per month (ask us during the interview process)
- Work with leadership to understand ambitious manufacturing goals and priorities
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to understand the current status (CAD, system/sub-system builds, in-house capabilities, etc.) and help close existing gaps
- Come up with a plan against objectives and execute
- Project scheduling across the different stakeholders involved in the projects
- Drive decision making on insourced vs outsourced
- Design entire production line and supply chain for the manufacturing of an aircraft
- Coordinate and drive design releases and changes. Handle configuration management.
- Work directly with contract manufacturers, from sourcing to managing the relationship and deliverables
- Put processes in place for QA and issue tracking
- Coordinate/handle shipment, delivery and inventory
- Directly responsible for the output of production
- Grow and manage the production team as demand increases
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing related
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant, fast-paced environment
- 2+ years experience with production ramp up
- Strong communication & soft skills
- Hands on experience with a PLM/PDM system and/or related ERP
- Program Management experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings and technical documentation (aero/mech eng, electrical eng)