Entry Level Aerospace Technician - Contract
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Stoke Space Technologies is seeking Entry Level Aerospace Technicians (ELAT) within our Kent facilities. We look to this person to grow with us while assisting with a multitude of tasks requiring attention to detail and working closely with experienced technicians and engineers. This is an opportunity to learn new skills in machining, fabricating, and/or other manufacturing disciplines at an up-and-coming aerospace manufacturing company. This Entry Level position will receive dedicated mentorship from highly experienced personnel and 1:1 training on a multitude of industrial processes in a safe and friendly working environment.
This position is for a 12-week contractual period. Full-time employment will be considered for each employee at the conclusion of this 12-week period.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with on-the-job training, and the possibility of a full-time job offer at the end of it!
- HS Diploma (or equivalent) completed or in-progress
- 18+ years old
- Safe working habits
- Experience with hand tools and mechanical assemblies
- Passion for learning new skills and desire to learn
- Ability to lead, Ability to follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight space
- Able to withstand repetitive movements, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
- Previous exposure to machining, welding, or mechanical assemblies
- Forklift experience
Hour rate: $25.00