Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Engineer - Contract
STOKE Space Technologies
A thriving economy in space is needed to make life on Earth more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable. Space technology will enable global access to information, solutions to climate change, answers to global food security, products that transform healthcare, clean energy production, and more. Today, rocket launch options are slow, expensive, and unreliable. Stoke is building the world’s most efficient fully and rapidly reusable rocket designed to fly daily that will radically increase access to space and open up the space economy to safeguard our precious home, Earth.
Reusable systems are the key to seamlessly connecting Earth and space. As a Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Engineer at an early-stage start-up, your work will span all aspects of GNC development for a reusable launch vehicle.
Your work will include algorithm development, simulation modeling, rigorous test, and support of launch operations. Your solutions will have a critical impact on the success of this organization and your work will be at the forefront of space technology. You must be ready to stay focused, move fast, self-direct, and learn on the fly.
- Exceptional command of fundamentals
- Experience with simulation and modeling of physical systems
- Experience in guidance, navigation, and control algorithm design and validation
- Familiarity with fundamentals of orbital mechanics and orbital trajectory design
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, or similar (advanced degree preferred)
- Ability to lead
- Ability to follow
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Develop software capabilities such as algorithms for vehicle guidance, attitude control, engine control, and state estimation
- Develop vehicle and environment models to simulate GNC algorithm performance and robustness
- Ensure system quality and performance through rigorous test
- Conduct Monte Carlo analysis of nominal and failure cases for flight safety and regulatory authorization
- Level 1 Range: $77,400.00 - $116,000
- Level 2 Range: $96,700.00 - $145,100
- Level 3 Range: $120,900 - $181,300
Our job posts are intentionally written to attract a wide variety of experience levels, and we make decisions about the right fit on a per-candidate basis.
Your actual level and base salary will be decided based on your specific experience and skill level.
With all that said, we are trying to be intentional about changing our industry standards. Even if you don't have 100% of the qualifications, we still want you to apply. We recognize that talent comes in all shapes and sizes, and if you are excited about working here, we want to hear from you!
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Something looks off?