San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2022
Wispr is building a more natural way to interact with technology with neural interfaces. We have an elite team of engineers, product designers, and research scientists building magic.
We've raised 25M from top-tier VCs like NEA and 8VC. Our angels and advisors include Chester Chipperfield (product lead for the first Apple Watch), Ben Jones (COO, CTRL-Labs), Dave Gilboa (CEO, Warby Parker), and Jose Carmena (Berkeley professor; co-CEO iota). Our founders are Stanford alums and have previously sold a company and run a team at a deep tech startup with over 100M in funding.
As a neurotech experimentalist at Wispr, you will play a key role in designing and supervising our data collection program. This will involve setting up experiments, supervising sessions with participants, analyzing data to ensure usability and quality, and recruiting participants for our studies.
Come join us and make magic happen.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Define protocols and processes for setting up experiments and collecting high-quality data
- Recruit participants from diverse backgrounds
- Setup and monitor experiments to ensure subjects are following instructions and that signal quality is good
- Review bio-signal data after collection to ensure high quality
- Collaborate with neuroscientists to optimize experimental design, sensor placement, etc.
- Manage the operations of leasing a location and setting it up with support from the engineering team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- BS or greater in biomedical engineering, neuroscience, electrical engineering, or equivalent field
- Keen aptitude for learning about bio-signals
- Detail-oriented and care about accuracy and quality
- Good at organization and setting processes
- Ability to produce well-written technical reports and documentation
- Working collaboratively with teams
Nice to have Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Work in EEG, EMG, or other electrophysiology as a lab technician or experimenter
- Experience with searching for a location, leasing it, and setting up a data collection center
• Do the best work of your life
• Design the next generation of personal computing in a creative, innovative, and collaborative environment.
• Work closely with a world-class team.
• Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best.
For full-time employees:
• Generous health, dental, and vision coverage
• Generous parental leave, unlimited PTO (we encourage taking days off!)
• 401k match
• Commuter benefits
• Relocation assistance
• Total compensation for this position may also include stock options and other potential future incentives
At Wispr, diversity is important to us.
At Wispr, we believe that true innovation starts with people from diverse backgrounds coming together, bridging ideas, and collaborating. Wispr is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.